Today I have published in OKay's RPM repository RPMs for FreeSWITCH 1.6.12. FreeSWITCH is a complete VoIP switch that works on many platforms, including Centos 6 and Centos 7. This is one of the biggest packages I have ever done; there are more than 1720 hours of work behind to make it work (mainly because the CentOS 6 support). When updating, you will notice it will download many libraries, most part of them not available anywhere.
The big difference on my RPM's is there are more sub-packages, for example, you can install only freeswitch-cli if you only need fs_cli command; Centos 6 RPMS for 32 and 64 bits are available with video support; I have imported a patch that fixes mod_nibblebill, in some situations leg b won't hang up and it will produce money losses. I have been updating some other dependencies such as VLC and MPG123 with latest stable if you were using my RPM's you will notice more updates as well.
Because libyuv is now part of the core, these RPMs are compiled with video support. Yes, you read it well, both Centos 6 and 7 with video support.
For those asking about FreeSWITCH changelog, this is the list published by them:
New features that were added:
- FS-9242 [mod_verto] Convert to adapter.js
- FS-8955 [verto_communicator] Adding DTMF shortcuts and handling DTMF history on DTMF widget
- FS-9601 [mod_opus] Make adjustable bitrate mutually exclusive with FEC enforcing on the decreasing trend, add step calculation for bitrate adjustment, fix bug on context settings
- FS-8644 [mod_opus] OPUS_SET_BITRATE(), codec control and estimators for packet loss and RTT (with Kalman filters) to detect a slow or congested link. Feature enabled with "adjust-bitrate" in opus.conf.xml - it's a feedback loop with incoming RTCP.
Improvements in build system, cross-platform support, and packaging:
- FS-8623 [build] Fixed sun studio build errors building libvpx
- FS-9553 [core] Refactor video-on-hold
- FS-9616 [libvpx] Update libvpx to latest upstream
- FS-9618 [libyuv] Update libyuv to latest upstream
The following bugs were squashed:
- FS-9574 [mod_verto] We shouldn't print data set on the buffer because of the potential security issues
- FS-9508 [verto_communicator] Adding AGC option on settings, enabled by default
- FS-7876[verto_communicator] Adding hold button for video calls
- FS-9242[verto.js] Fixed screen share for chrome to work in VC with additional camera
- FS-9586[mod_local_stream] Fixed the local_stream video queue sticking when not being read from
- FS-9610[core] Video keyframe requests not being propagated properly
- FS-9612[core] RTCP-MUX wrongly enabled in cases where answer contains RTCP but offer didn't / remote address not obtained in UDPTL mode
- FS-9580[core] Add auto adjust for RTCP separate from RTP for sync NAT
- FS-9548[core] Crash on Invite due to bad config for sip profile
- FS-9498 [mod_conference] Fixed a regression with 100% cpu
RPM's are available for Centos 6 and 7. And you can find it if you type yum search freeswitch.