Everyone know that Centos only takes care of some specific core packages. All others, if you want to contine using RPM's, must be used from alternative Repositories. There are many alternatives:
- EPEL: you will find here many useful packages. Packages gets updates for critical bugs.
- Remi: you will find here backports for most useful packages.
- OKay: you will find here some specific packages for servers, audio and video.
I specially do contributions into OKay repository. So, if you want to use OKay follow these steps:
- Install the EPEL repository, you may try typing yum install epel-release. I think at least Centos 7 has it out of the box.
- Install the okay-release RPM. Type:
- Centos 6 on 32 bits: rpm -ivh http://repo.okay.com.mx/centos/6/i386/release/okay-release-1-1.noarch.rpm?
- Centos 6 on 64 bits: rpm -ivh http://repo.okay.com.mx/centos/6/x86_64/release/okay-release-1-1.noarch.rpm?
- Centos 7 on 64 bits: rpm -ivh http://repo.okay.com.mx/centos/7/x86_64/release/okay-release-1-1.noarch.rpm?
I will post later as I publish some updates or packages.blog comments powered by Disqus