Today I have published in OKay's RPM repository RPMs for FreeSWITCH 1.6.17. FreeSWITCH is a complete VoIP switch that works on many platforms, including Centos 6 and Centos 7. This is one of the biggest packages I have ever done; there are more than 1800 hours of work behind to make it work (mainly because of the CentOS 6 support). When updating, you will notice it will download many libraries, most part of them not available anywhere.
The big difference on my RPM's is there are more sub-packages, for example, you can install only freeswitch-cli if you only need fs_cli command; Centos 6 RPMS for 32 and 64 bits are available with video support; I have imported a patch that fixes mod_nibblebill, in some situations leg b won't hang up and it will produce money losses. I have been updating some other dependencies such as VLC, OpenH264 and MPG123 with latest stable if you were using my RPM's you will notice more updates as well. Since the RPM of the 1.6.15 release, I have published the sounds for en-ca-june, the Canadian English language. If you live in Canada and you have done English exams such as CELPIP, you will notice those little differences.
In addition, these RPM's have a patch that allow the console to filter by a regular expression. If you are do VoIP debuging, you will understand right away what I am talking about.
Because libyuv is now part of the core, these RPMs are compiled with video support. Yes, you read it well, both Centos 6 and 7 with video support.
For those asking about FreeSWITCH changelog, this is the list published by them:
Improvements in build system, cross platform support, and packaging:
- FS-10153 [build] Fixed mod_http_cache build on FreeBSD
The following bugs were squashed:
- FS-10220 [mod_conference] Fixed an issue with conference channel parameters not working
- FS-10099 [mod_conference] Fixed a rare segfault on race condition when shutting down a conference
- FS-10225 [mod_conference] Fixed an off-by-one error on the calculation of the correct layout to use when choosing a layout group while a file is playing.
- FS-10059 [sofia-sip] Added a fix to correctly handle re-invites during t.38 call
- FS-9765 [mod_sofia] Fixed to use switch_channel_var_true instead of switch_channel_get_variable to prevent allocating on every hold/unhold just to check if this is enabled
- FS-10117 [mod_rayo] Fixed it to allow duplicate rayo signal-type configs for call progress detector to prevent segfaults
- FS-10100 [mod_av] Fixed a crash on allocation error and other error cases when opening a file
- FS-10209 [core][mod_av] Add auth_username and auth_password to media params for authentication when using streams
- FS-10150 [core] Reduce writes to closed ssl sockets
- FS-10195 [core] Fixed intermittent segfaults
- FS-10222 [core] Added disable_audio_jb_during_passthru and disable_video_jb_during_passthru default behavior leaves the jitter buffer on for audio and video respectively during passthru situations unless the new variables are set to true.
- FS-10233 [mod_local_stream] Fixed a segfault caused by trying to read a music file that is not open while playing a chime
RPM's are available for Centos 6 and 7. And you can find it if you type yum search freeswitch.
As I said, there are more than 1800 working hours so far in order to make this possible.
Enjoy!blog comments powered by Disqus