Last week, I have published in OKay's RPM repository RPMs for FreeSWITCH 1.6.20. FreeSWITCH is a complete VoIP switch that works on many platforms, including Centos 6 and Centos 7. This is one of the biggest packages I have ever done; there are more than 1800 hours of work behind to make it work (mainly because of the CentOS 6 support). When updating, you will notice it will download many libraries, most part of them not available anywhere.
The big difference on my RPM's is there are more sub-packages, for example, you can install only freeswitch-cli if you only need fs_cli command; Centos 6 RPMS for 32 and 64 bits are available with video support; I have imported a patch that fixes mod_nibblebill, in some situations leg b won't hang up and it will produce money losses. I have been updating some other dependencies such as VLC, OpenH264 and MPG123 with latest stable if you were using my RPM's you will notice more updates as well. Since the RPM of the 1.6.15 release, I have published the sounds for en-ca-june, the Canadian English language. If you live in Canada and you have done English exams such as CELPIP, you will notice those little differences.
In addition, these RPM's have a patch that allows the console to filter by a regular expression. If you do VoIP debugging, you will understand right away what I am talking about.
Because libyuv is now part of the core, these RPMs are compiled with video support. Yes, you read it well, both Centos 6 and 7 with video support.
Since this release, my RPM is going to be linked against tcmalloc.
For those asking about FreeSWITCH changelog, this is the list published by them:
Improvements in the build system, cross-platform support, and packaging:
- FS-10757 Race condition freeing avatar image
- FS-10734 deadlock on hangup race
- FS-10667 Segfault in crypto / srtp
- FS-10647 Video quality degragation from 1.6.17 to 1.6.19
- FS-10609 Invalid pointer in verto channel
- FS-10606 mod_av stops playing video after running for several days
- FS-10604 Segfault in libcrypto / dtls
- FS-10601 accommodate should be accommodate
- FS-10587 502 response sent on codec mismatch
- FS-10577 event system does not create additional event dispatch threads.
- FS-10574 a bug in function conference_api_sub_record
- FS-10571 TMMBR messages request the same size for any user layout size when manage-inbound-video-bitrate enabled
- FS-10562 Crashes referencing cannot access memory
- FS-10532 Add an av command to mod_av and use it to modify log level
- FS-10528 Put proper colour behind letterboxed video avatars
- FS-10527 AV tweaks
- FS-10526 Uninitialized variable in switch_img_fit when using SWITCH_FIT_SIZE_AND_SCALE
- FS-10523 Websocket disconnects prematurely
- FS-10472 Crash due to hangup race in conference personal canvas mode
- FS-10379 Set canvas size based on a variable
- FS-10270 Regression in personal canvas
- FS-10091 Conference play file with full-screen=true has side effect on member video
RPM's are available for Centos 6 and 7. And you can find it if you type yum search freeswitch.
As I said, there are more than 1800 working hours so far in order to make this possible.
Enjoy!blog comments powered by Disqus